Diablo 1 Hellfire Mod Diablo 1 HD Hellfire Mod - Awake
Diablo 1 Hellfire Mod - Forum Awakening Mod

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hellfire Crashing after the intro cinematic.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diablo 1 HD Hellfire Mod - Awake Forum Index -> Diablo - Awake Mod [EN]
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marabunta

PostPosted: 10 Mar, 2018 23:15    Post subject: Hellfire Crashing after the intro cinematic.

Hi, I'm new to this forum and I'm glad that you guys keep responding it even after some years.

I got Diablo 1, 2 years ago. It works perfectly. This week i got Hellfire and I tried to install it and it did not worked, so I cheked on this site and I followed these steps:

1- Create a new folder named Hellfire.
2-Download the awaked mod.
3-Copy the .mpq files to the folder.
4-set the compatibility on Windows 8.

It worked perfectly the first time. Then every time i try to launch it, after the intro cinematics, the game crash. I tried to uninstall and redo those steps, but it's still crashing. Can someone help me please so I can play, with the Hellfire expansion. Smile [/b][/quote]
Wendigo

PostPosted: 11 Mar, 2018 19:58    Post subject:

You might not need to run it in compatibility mode. Try turning that off, and while you're in compatibility settings make sure you're running the game as an administrator.
If neither of those work, we could use a little more information. When you say the game crashed, do you mean it locked up, it went back to Windows and closed the game, you got a blue screen of death?

marabunta

PostPosted: 11 Mar, 2018 20:23    Post subject:

Actually now my game don't run anymore. I clicked on execute as administrator, but it does nothing.

When my game crashed, the game just returned on the desktop with a message saying that my game stopped to run.
Wendigo

PostPosted: 12 Mar, 2018 3:37    Post subject:

Alrighty then. It looks like there's known compatibility issues with Windows 8 (surprise surprise /sarcasm); try this tutorial.

http://www.dummies.com/computers/operating-systems/windows-8/how-to-run-older-programs-under-windows-8/

Sorry for all the ads on the page but it was the best I could find. The game should expect Windows XP but if the first option doesn't work you can play around a little.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diablo 1 HD Hellfire Mod - Awake Forum Index -> Diablo - Awake Mod [EN] All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: