Diablo 1 Hellfire Mod Diablo 1 HD Hellfire Mod - Awake
Diablo 1 Hellfire Mod - Forum Awakening Mod

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

msvcr100.dll error (solved)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diablo 1 HD Hellfire Mod - Awake Forum Index -> Codename: Belzebub
View previous topic :: View next topic  
benckoch

PostPosted: 14 Nov, 2017 13:00    Post subject: msvcr100.dll error (solved)

I am trying to run on win 8.1 x64

I placed the belzebub in my c:\diablo folder with the game files. I have found placing in program files x86 causes issues.

I get a msvcr100.dll missing error.

Tried installing/rebooting microsoft c++ 2010 and the latest 2015, still getting the error.

Downloaded the .dll from dll-files.com

If I place a x32 or x64 .dll in c:\windows\system32 I get a msvcr100.dll missing error.

If I place a x32 .dll in c:\diablo I get a msvcr100.dll missing error.

If I place a x64 .dll in c:\diablo I get a 0xc00007b error.

Edit: I Pulled out an old laptop running XP. Installed diablo and Beelzebub. I got a msvcp100.dll error. Installed x32. Then a msvcr100.dll error. Installed x32. Then an opengl error. That got me thinking. I then put both the x32 msvcp100.dll and msvcr100.dll on my 8.1 machine now Beelzebub runs. So I had to add a .dll file that did not show up in the error message.

Last edited by benckoch on 21 Nov, 2017 10:36; edited 1 time in total
Hassadar

PostPosted: 14 Nov, 2017 13:28    Post subject:

As far as I know u need to install Microsoft visual c++ 2005 (?) redistributional. Try installing both for x86 and x64 architecture.
SPAZZ

PostPosted: 21 Nov, 2017 0:19    Post subject:

this is good to know...thank you very much
Diabolic

PostPosted: 15 Dec, 2017 14:10    Post subject:

Just wanted to chime in about placing such .dll files on the machine when a program says they're missing.

You should avoid placing them in the Windows folder unless you're absolutely certain you have to. Placing them there makes them available to all programs and things can just get worse from there.

Instead when a program says a .dll is missing place it in the program's folder, in the same folder as the running .exe for that program. As things will first check that folder (their own folder) before resorting to the Windows\etc folder. Also placing it in the programs folder means it won't interfere with other programs which may access it due to being in the Windows folder.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diablo 1 HD Hellfire Mod - Awake Forum Index -> Codename: Belzebub All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: